Transitioning to Online Education During the Pandemic
As the COVID-19 crisis disrupts daily life throughout the world including college campus life, we need to remember that we are all united together with a common goal: to help provide calm and stability for students, faculty and staff during this upheaval in their lives. We want to assure students that we all are doing everything we can to find valid solutions and deliver the higher education they expect while helping flatten the curve against the coronavirus outbreak. The ultimate goal is to help all to remain safe and healthy.
The challenges we are facing are not ours alone, for every educational institution in our country is rapidly transitioning to a new way of delivering educational services.
We cannot state strongly enough our appreciation for all that you do and the caring and support you bring to our valley. We hope you find this resource page useful and please continue to let us know how we can best support you. We will continue to keep this page updated as information comes in
If you come across any resources or information that could assist your colleagues in the region, please forward it to us at email@example.com and we will include it on this page.
- Quick Tips for Online Success – Info and Recordings – Porterville College
- CVHEC Topic Specific “Open Forum” Info. & Recordings
- SkillsCommons Free and Open Digital Library of Workforce Training Tools
- Merlot Gives access to curated online learning and support materials
- Developing Online Course Delivery BOX By the Dana Center
- I Will Survive, Coronavirus Version for Teachers Going Online
- Online Meeting Resources Toolkit for Facilitators Received By CC RP Group
- Making the Move to Online Courses By NILOA
- MMAP Spring Webinar Series By RP Group
- Moving Your Classes Online Webinar Recording By Brandman University
- Digital Tools Resource Document By Brandman University
- Higher Ed Resources By Continuous Learning Institute
- Openstax – Online Education Resources
- FREE webinars: Dana Center Launches New “Transitioning Mathematics Courses to Virtual Teaching“
- Blog: Shifting to Virtual Teaching in Higher Ed Mathematics
- Open Forum Recordings By Dana Center
Dual Enrollment Resources:
- Moving Dual Enrollment Online By Career Ladders Project
- iNaturalist – Joint initiative of the California Academy of Sciences and the National Geographic Society
- Institute of Human Anatomy – utilizes human cadavers as instruments for advanced anatomical education, medical device training and prototype testing.
- Labster -students access to a realistic lab experience that will let them perform experiments and practice their skills in a fun and risk-free learning environment
- Free A&P Lap Resources
- PhET – Interactive Simulations for Science and Math
- Praxi Labs
- ACS – Chemistry for Life
- Bio Interactive – Real Science, real stories, and real data to encourage students in exploring the living world
- Royal Society of Chemistry
- PhysioEx – Pearson lab simulator
Administrator / Leadership Resources:
- CA College Student Emergency Support Fund By College Futures Foundation
- Inside Track
- Operating a College in Times of Crisis By the Continuous Learning Institute
- COVID 19 Response SPANISH VERSION
- Comcast COVID 19 Response English
Daily Updated COVID-19 College News
- Latest Coronavirus News By InsideHigerEd
- Guidance for Institutes of Higher Ed By Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Advising / Couseling
- HIPAA By Health and Human Services
Guidelines From Feds On Students With Disabilities, Web Access and Preventing Discrimination
- U.S. Department of Education Releases Webinar, Fact Sheet for Protecting Students’ Civil Rights During COVID-19 Response
- Fact Sheet: Addressing the Risk of COVID-19 in Schools While Protecting the Civil Rights of Students
- OCR Short Webinar on Online Education and Website Accessibility
- Higher Education Accessibility Online Resource Center
International Students & Online Courses
- COVID-19: Guidance for SEVP Stakeholders By U.S. Immigration & Customs Enforcement
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and Potential Procedural Adaptations for F and M nonimmigrant students By U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)
Zoom & Online Support:
- How to Zoom By Zoom
- How to Keep the Party Crashers from Crashing Your Zoom “Zoom Bombing” By Zoom
- Setting up a Meeting By Zoom
- Join a Meeting By Zoom
- Joining and Configuring Audio/Video By Zoom
- Basic Meeting Controls By Zoom
- Instructor Controls By Zoom
- Sharing a Screen in a Zoom Meeting By Zoom
- Top 10 Tips for Employees Working Remotely
- DIY Captions Launcher for Youtube
- Otter.ai page and “How to Create Captions & Subtitles for Videos”
- TechRepublic article. March 1, 2019 “5 Speech Recognition Apps that auto-caption videos.”
- Hangouts (formerly Google Hangouts) make voice calls, send text messages, and even have group video chats from your mobile device or computer.
- Google Voice get a free phone number for calls, text messages, and voicemail.
- EdConnect video messaging (VM) service for free to students, faculty and professional who need to stay in communication while working from home.
- Khan Academy Free online learning assistance by course.
- Brainly online knowledge-sharing community where students and experts put their heads together to crack their toughest homework questions.
- Brainfuse Online, live tutoring.
- Cengage is offering students free access to all their digital platforms and 14,000 ebooks through Cengage Unlimited, for the remainder of this semester.
- Lumen Learning OER for learning. All courses are freely and publicly available off their website.
- Pearson Resources for students and faculty on online teaching and learning.
- Wiley: COVID-19 Online Teaching Resources Variety of articles and webinars for instructors and students for online learning.
- EAB EAB’s resource center can help you navigate your institution’s response to COVID-19.
- Varsity Tutors Private Online Tutoring, Online Group Classes, Academic, Test Prep, & Enrichment
- 10 strategies to support students and help them learn during the coronavirus crisis
- COVID-19 Resources for Undocumented Communities – Google Drive
- Supporting Immigrant Communities in Uncertain Times
- Supporting students, colleagues, and community during COVID-19 by the Center for Urban Education
- Internet Companies Stepping Up By ABC
- One -stop resource for the people of California impacted by job loss during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- College Students: U-Haul Offers 30 Days Free Self Storage
- Free Spectrum internet for 60 days if you live with a K-12 or college student
- Comcast COVID-19 Response to Help Keep Americans Connected to the Internet
- Student Relief Fund
- Lowering College Students’ Bills with Energy Assistance Programs
- Help for foster youth affected by classes moving online